Friday, September 11, 2015

War at Sea Fleet Muster

It's been a pretty quiet week for me in terms of wargaming.
I did get quite a bit of stuff painted for Battletech, which might get posted in the near future.

Meanwhile, here's a little overview of the work I've done so far for my 1/1800 scale WW2 naval minis. 
It's a bit of a mish-mash of stuff I got from Axis and Allies Naval products and minis I bought from Shapeways.


These are the Japanese vessels I've got painted up so far.




From left to right, on the top row:
CL Agano, CL Ooi, CA Haguro, CA Nachi, BB Nagato.
On the bottom row:
SS I-25, DD Matsu, DD Samidare, DD Akitsuki, DD Terustuki, DD Sazanami, DD Ushio.


And here's the US Navy forces.


On the top row:
SS S-37, CA Phoenix, CL Cleveland, CL Montpelier, CV Wasp.
On the bottom row:
DD Kidd, DD Taylor, DD William D. Porter, DD Paul Jones, DD John D. Edwards, DD Alden, DD John D. Ford.


Then, there's the sole Dutch ship I've painted so far, the light cruiser HNLMS Java.


Many of these were present at the Battle of the Java Sea.
What I've currently got on the painting table will add to that:
The US will gain a heavy cruiser, USS Houston. ABDA in general will also be strengthened with the light cruiser HMAS Perth and the destroyer HMS Jupiter.
The IJN gains the Sendai-class light cruisers Naka and Jintsu.

With a lower priority, I've also got a Leander-class light cruiser and a Type 3 Fubuki-class destroyer ready for basecoating. They might end up painted alongside some of the others here.

No comments:

Post a Comment